Phish released its latest studio album a couple months ago (previously mentioned in Happy Happy Joy) and along with that yet another great box set. The Limited Edition Joy Box includes the album, Party Time album, an extensive hard-bound booklet, 10 song inspired limited edition posters, and a DVD full of live performances. You can order your very own at drygoods.phish.com or amazon.com. Check out the unveiling of the “Joy Box” via youtube. And remember, it’s party time!
Monthly Archives: December 2009
I am a huge fan of handcrafted and eco-friendly gifts (as I’m sure many of you are), often trying to craft my own or at least buying them on sites like Etsy. Today I have to give props to my girlfriend, JC, for rocking out some seriously impressive gifts this holiday. Slaving over the sewing machine, she has created a whole line of custom made aprons (called Hot Mess!) using second generation fabrics and topping them off with adorable tags (telling the wearer how to wash and “to get best results to pair with heels and lipstick”). My apron is pictured here (left) – made specially from a dress fabric I had designed – is something I will enjoy cooking in for a very long time! You can check out more of her aprons on JC’s blog, Variousnsundry – where she also stashes her other up-cycled creations.
Just because Christmas was last week doesn’t mean the giving has to stop. Featured on DailyCandy, was a way to let our troops know we’re wishing the best of holidays through LetsSayThanks.com. Just three easy steps let you send a unique, hand-drawn card to one of our servicemen abroad! Xerox will print your card and get it to a U.S. soldier abroad in a care package arranged by military support org Give2TheTroops. You can visit LetsSayThanks.com today and choose from over 78 postcards to add some holiday cheer in the lives of our armed forces. Let them know we’re thinking of them!
– Snowy Charlottesville
– Cold Pizza and Hot Cider (spiked) in the lot
– Sleeping bag boy (dude walking around like a human “pig in a blanket” with his sleeping bag bungied around him)
– Being about 6 people deep on the floor
– Jamming out w/ some of my favorite boys (Phish, boyfriend, brother & friends)
– Divided Sky (that song makes me weak)
– The Naked Guy (during Ya Mar: Set 1)
– David Bowie and Golgi Apparatus – live, finally
– Getting the show poster with my birthday on it (thanks boyfriend) Continue reading